I am back from my beautiful, adventures and, scenic trip to Arizona! This trip was a bit tricky to pack because we were going from hot Phoenix, AZ to Cold Grand Canyon. Yes, there was ice and snow on the ground at the Grand Canyon and, it snowed over night while we were there. We did not hike down the mountain but, we saw almost the entire South Rim of the Grand canyon. If you follow my travel Instagram Forever Seeking Wanderlust you would have seen some incredible pictures of my trip. So, we were packing for pretty warm weather and, then cold weather. If you are trying to pack for a plane you know it is hard to figure out what to bring with you. I did over pack but, I did a pretty good job picking exactly what I was going to wear. I went with a backpack, carry on and, a bigger bag for my luggage.
- Shoes: One Pair Of Sneakers, Hiking Shoes, Sandals and, shoes I wore on the plan slip on loafers. I ended up wearing each of these shoes multiple times. I felt I packaged exactly what I needed in shoes and, did not over pack.
- Tops: I wore every shirt shirt I brought as expect one as, I packed enough shirts for 7 days. So, I could have left that shirt behind.
- Bottoms: There are two pairs I did not end up wearing which were a skort and, shorts. I could have avoided bringing them because they weren’t necessary.
- I brought earrings and, a ring that I wore almost everyday.
- All of the toiletries I used
- All Of The electronics I used
- I also, used both of my bathing suits
- All socks and, underwear were used
- One dress was not used
I really scaled down with packing this trip and, I think I did a stellar job. Here are some tips to help you pack in a minimal way.
- Clean every piece of clothing you own including socks and, underwear
This way you can look at your whole wardrobe to see what you might want to wear for your trip.
- Evaluate what the weather is going to be like- You can check this on the weather channel app on your phone so, you can see the weather pattern leading up to your trip and, get alerts if the weather changes.
- Get everything together you want to pack and, make outfits. Clothing can always be cleaned so, put together only the amount of outfits necessary for the trip. This includes jewelry, shoes and, accessories.
- Toiletries can be tricky but, if you plan on checking your luggage have a little travel bag for all your toiletries to go into. Do not over pack your makeup you only need what you are going to use.
- Download books or movies onto your electronic device. Lugging a book or, DVD with you is too much of inconvenience and, will not leave you with enough room for other essentials.
- You should pack snacks and, bring food with you. It usually cost money to get food on the plane so, bringing a sandwich with you or, snack can save you from spending a lot.
- Bring headphones to listen to your device.
- One thing I never go to the airport without is a water bottle that you can reuse that is not filled. You can fill it up at the water fountain and you don’t have to waste a plastic bottle or, like $4.