I thought I’d chat with you all on blogging and, what it really takes. I am still not making money off of blogging which, is partly due to my lack of posts. If you have never blogged in your life then you may not understand the demand that comes with blogging. You must have a boatload of posts ready to be launched every month. This isn’t to scare you or overwhelm you but, this is just the clear facts. A blog is a lot of work and, the benefits may not be seen for years.
You also, have to dedicate your time to have at least seven posts ready a week. Most blogs will have two to three posts a day. That is 21 posts a weeks and 84 posts a month. Lets say it takes about two hours to write a blog post, add photos, add links and, make your cover photo that means an average blogger would need to devote 42 hours a week to their blog if they are posting 21 times a week. Don’t know if you caught that but, that is 2 hours over a normal 9-5 job… So, if anyone ever tells you that blogging isn’t a real job, that is a laughable statement. Okay, lets say you have those 42 hours now you have to add research, marketing and social media. Add about 10 to 15 more hours to that.
Well blogging may not be as easy as it looks.. Most blogs have people that write for them so, sometimes the original blogger isn’t even writing any content. I personally don’t want anyone else writing on my blog because I made it for a reason. Not having people create content for you is probably not the best business move because I can easily get burnt out or, not be able to turn over enough content. Although, I want to make money off of my blog I don’t want to lose the voice I have on the blog. The reason I created the blog was for a creative outlet. I am learning so much from reading other blogs and just, dedicating more time to creating content.
How Bloggers Make Their Money:
~ Sponsored Posts
~ Other Jobs
Why Did I Start Blogging:
For The love of writing and hoping others would enjoy my voice through my posts
Has It Been Difficult To Blog:
I would say it hasn’t been easy there are may things you need to research, discover and, test. You are running your own business and, there is a lot of time that goes into and, so far no reward money wise.
What Does A Blog Entail:
- Lots and lots of good/interesting content
- a few niche posts- mixed in with
- Affilate Links
- Loads Of Time
- A Schedule To Write
- A Schedule To Promote Your Blog Posts
- An engaging Audience
- Passion for What You’re Doing
- Patience For Not Succeeding Right Away
- Basics- Interenet, Picmonkey, Pictures, Some To Take Pictures Of You, Some Money
What Makes Blogging Challenging:
- Not Always Creative: If you are a writer you understand that you do not always feel the creative juices flowing. This is not the best if you need to devote two specific days to write a post. That usually equals writers block and, that can get very frustrating to have to walk away from blogging because you are not in the creative head space.
- Content: Coming up with content can be a bit of a challenge especially if you haven’t scheduled out what you want to write about. Be warned that going into writing a blog post without an idea can be pure genius or create a large headache.
- Time: Because this isn’t my full time job it’s hard to poor in the hours needed for the blog. Sometimes I feel like I am neglecting my blog and, I have to, to remind myself my other jobs need my attention because unfortunately, you need money to survive. My pet sitting jobs really allow me a lot of time to blog but, I also, need to create time to dedicate to the pets, workout, shower, eat. Sometimes I can neglect what I need because I’m so focused on my blog. It eats up so much time. I have been blogging since 8 a.m. this morning and, it is currently 1:34 p.m. I’m only on my third post of the day. I did take the dog out a few times and, shower. But, I would say I’ve been writing for a solid five hours. Like I said you need to have a lot of time if you are the only one creating content.
- Needing Money: I’ve mentioned a few times now that I need money to survive and, blogging doesn’t provide me with any. This can be extremely frustrating especially if I have poured my heart into a blog post.
- Create seven blog posts a week- eventually get to 21 blog posts a week
- Give my readers awesome content
- Be helpful to the reader and, give them a few posts with information that they can use in their everyday life
- Write lots of travel blog while in Hawaii
- 500 Followers/Readers
- Make Money From The Blog That Will Allow Me To Dedicate More Time To The Blog
- Eventually Make A Living From Blogging So That Pet Sitting Money Will Be My Spending Money
- Sponsored Posts- That Would Also, benefit my readers
I hope you enjoyed some truth behind blogging. Please let me know if you start a blog I’d love to read one of your posts. Let me know in the comments if there is something specific you’d like me to talk about I’d be happy to write a post about it.
Have an enlightening and adventurous day,
@amazon_fba_seller ( all of my business posts)
@thatsabangsfitme ( fitness and vegan food posts)
@allievluv ( regular posts and youtube channel posts)
@foreverseekingwanderlust ( Travel posts)
@eyeheartedu ( Poshmark posts)
Each instagram serves a purpose and, I know it’s a lot…
Protect Your Eyes Against Computer Lighting:
Plan Ahead with Erin Condren Planner: Get $10 off
Latest Blog Posts:
Latest YouTube Video:
Here are my favorite gems for traveling, saving money and, so much more!
Airbnb: This is my favorite way to travel. While in Italy we saved so much money using Airbnb and stayed in an amzing apartment. Airbnb is much cheaper than a hotel and, you can filter what you need for your trip. You can get an entire house or, a room in a house. It’s customized to your needs.
How Most Bloggers Go From Making $0 To Making Some Cash As A Blog : Blogging can be a very challenging experience and, I have been working very hard to understand what I need to go from $0 to $50,000 plus a year. I’ve learned a lot has to do with affilate links and, marketing. It can get a bit confusing all you can do is research and, continue to learn.
Ibotta: Clip coupons no more! This app has all the coupons you want minus the many hours of coupon clipping. I even saw 1% off ebay! Ibotta helps you save money on groceries, mobile shopping, travel and, so much more! You also get $10 just for signing up through my account.
Ebates: Get the best deals on Ebates while collecting money! Invite friends and, get $5 bonus for each friend that signs up. Who doesn’t love building up cash to shop!
Swagbucks: Earn Swagbuck for shopping or, taking surveys. Get rewards for shopping.